Choosing your survey provider – the 4 things you need to know
Of course you are thinking very carefully about who you choose to conduct your next employee survey. No doubt you have written a set of criteria against which you can draft your shortlist. But here is what no-one will tell you.
- There is very little difference between the questions of one survey supplier versus another – most questions are well researched and available for free on the net
- All survey suppliers can effectively distribute your survey either via the net or in paper
- All reputable suppliers will provide you with a good understanding of what is going on in your business
- And any supplier you choose will have a list of prime clients and great testimonials and case studies
But, there is one big difference between a COI survey and that offered by our competitors
COI adopts an approach to surveying unlike any other provider. Rather than considering an employee survey as just a data collection process we see it as a continuous improvement process with the survey being just the start point.
For a survey to be truly effective, for it to deliver the benefits that employees expect (and deserve), it must be thought of in two parts. First comes the collection of data and the delivery of results. But next comes the far more important step – the use of this data to drive organisation wide improvement.
And this is where most surveys fail to live up to their promise. In fact 85% of employees consider traditional approaches to surveying – just collecting data, to be a waste of time.
All surveys deal with the first part (some more successfully than others) but only COI provides all the tools you need to also drive the second part, all included at no extra cost, because we believe that these tools are essential for true survey success. To arrange an online demonstration click here.
When we talk about a post survey toolkit what do we mean?
The post survey toolkit has all the tools you need to help drive post survey analysis and improvement across all teams: There are 7 key tools available.
- Direct online access to team results and tools for any team leader immediately on survey closure
- Online action planning software that guides each leader and their team through the development of key actions to address team issues
- The capture of these actions within the system together with action owner, delivery date, completion rates etc.
- A system generated improvement plan for each team
- Prompts and reminders direct to each team leader via their email system when actions are due for completion
- Access to over 100 best practice actions to help address issues
- Tracking and monitoring software and reports to help HR (or other survey owner) track realtime improvement progress across the entire organisation.
You can turn these tools on or off, choose which teams have access to them and also draw down on our other business improvement tools when extra assistance is required or any leader can discuss any issue with one of our on line consultants. Contact us for more details.
Empower your organisation
Our focus on the post survey process (as well as the pre survey process) helps move the employee survey from being largely a top down initiative to one that is bottom up and top down.
Now leaders at all levels are empowered using the COI post survey toolkit, to address the issues unique to their teams. Leader issues and frustrations are addressed, team performance improves, people are listened too and great ideas are taken on board and enacted. As a result the organisation is both a better place to work in, and a better place to buy from. To arrange a demonstration contact us.
Are there any other reasons to consider COI over the alternatives?
Because our focus is on action and improvement, rather than just data collection we know a lot about what is required to drive organisation wide improvement and momentum.
- Question design is critical. Employees want to see questions that explore their issues. Generic surveys don’t engage employees.
- Communication strategies must drive forward momentum. We have an in-house digital communications team developing video and other media to help our clients cut through.
- Access our wide range of additional in-house business improvement tools to help address post survey business improvement issues.
- Use our complimentary online consultancy service for best practice business improvement advice. Any leader can access.
To find out about the COI employee survey difference contact us to find out more.
Are your surveys expensive?
We have a range of survey options to fit every budget. Our OnDemand cloud based surveying tools for example start from just $395. You can try these for free here.